Domaine de Montmarin is a family owned estate that goes back to the 15th century.
It was in 1488 that Nicolas de Sarret bought the domain during the Italian war. The legal documents associated with the purchase were written on sheepskin and still exist to this day.
Right up until the 19th century, the 400ha domain constituted of Olive groves, vines (5ha), cereal production as well as a river and grazing livestock such as goats, sheep and horses.
In 1987, the count Philippe de Bertier, inherited the domain by way of his mother Paule de Sarret who was the 28th generation family member. At the transfer, the decision was made to modernise the vineyard and winery thus transforming it from bulk production to almost exclusively by the bottle.
The estate extends over 400ha, including 80 ha of vines, spread between plains and rolling hillsides which stretch south of the Gulf of Lion, just two kilometers away from the Mediterranean Sea. In 2001 the estate’s winemaker Bertrand Waris brought in his knowledge and talent to create quality wines. They started in 2018 an organic conversion